As part of an interdisciplinary approach to the treatment of mental health symptoms, many individuals receive medication to address, stabilize and improve their symptoms. Our psychiatry team provides ongoing medication monitoring to those consumers receiving medication. Medication Management includes:
- Oversight of medication management therapies and overall medical practice by a Board certified Child and Adult Psychiatrist with 25 years experience in behavioral health services.
- Experienced Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioners with specialized certifications in psychiatric practice provide either tele-health psychiatric services in all regions or face- to face visits in Charlotte, New Bern and Gastonia.
- Qualified Psychiatric professionals complete thorough Psychiatric Evaluations to determine medication and other psychiatric needs.
- Medication therapy management is utilized when recommended by psychiatric practitioners to optimize therapeutic outcomes for individuals with psychiatric drug therapies.
- Team-focused clinical consultation with medical practitioners is made available for complex cases to improve overall outcomes in treatment.
Design/ Entrance Criteria:
- Medication management services are used as an adjunct to one of AFS treatment programs (Outpatient therapy, Intensive In Home Services, Foster Care, Day Treatment, FCT, ABA). It is not a stand-alone service.
Contact the office closest to you to obtain services. Basic information will be gathered and you will be given an initial appointment. If you prefer to complete the contact information on our website, you will be contacted directly by our intake staff.